» Ftp Download! Cracked Software/software Cracks/dongle
Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:33 pm by 

Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:22 pm by 

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:58 am by 

Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:07 am by 

» Paulin.Research.Group.V2011(contain FEPIPE6.5,Nozzle8.5)
Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:20 pm by 

» Paulin.Research.Group.V2011(contain FEPIPE6.5,Nozzle8.5)
Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:59 am by 

» Carlson SurvCE v2.52
Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:40 am by 

Navigation

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Little Girl Blue and pet peeves

gypsyangelheart

Little Girl Blue and pet peeves

Post by gypsyangelheart on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:57 pm

I thought I'd bring this topic over here from facebook. I hope you don't mind, Rick. Facebook has been running very slow for me and freezing up.

Rick mentioned how he doesn't like people referring to Karen as "Little Girl Blue". I agree. I mentioned how I didn't like Phil Ramone using the word "borrow" when it came to Karen. She was not an object. Rick questioned if it could have been a way of sending a message to Richard Carpenter. I never thought of that and I think Rick is on to something. We know Phil supported Karen and wanted her to find her own identity. He supported her independence. He could subtlety be saying.. Karen is not your possession, Richard. Interesting. Maybe, Phil will reveal more in Randy Schmidt's book. I so look forward to reading it.

Speaking of Little Girl Blue:The Life of Karen Carpenter, I'm surprised Randy chose it/or allowed it to be used as his book title. To me it could perpetuate the myth of Karen as Little Girl Blue. I know Randy said he does show Karen's jovial/fun loving side in the book. How do you feel about it, Rick and everyone?

I'm off to see if facebook will behave for me, now.

Julie aka Autumn Soleil
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Little Girl Blue and pet peeves

Post by Admin on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:14 pm

As far as I know Phil Ramone has not been interviewed for this book. Anyhow, I haven't read anything leading to this.

Like the recently released Live In London DVD, I most likely will not purchase the book. On the DVD I've watched this concert at least a dozen times so my interest just isn't there to purchase it... anyhow, i really don't care for watching Carpenters live in concert... as much as I love their music... their concert performances (in my mind) were just so-so. On the book, I guess my interest just isn't piqued enough to put money out for another extension of the KC story. Although, if there were to be a new compilation released with at least one new KC (lead vocal) track I would run out to buy that right away. I pretty much just purchase the music... not much into books and DVD concerts. Although I did buy the recent Cultographies book on Todd Haynes' "Superstar" movie as there wasn't much information found on the internet.

During the 1979/80 period KC was really working toward establishing her independence. This was evident to those who worked with her on her solo album including Russell Javors, Liberty DeVitto, Rob Mounsey and Phil Ramone. Karen really did not want to be seen as or referred to as a sad and lonely person. What KC needed was to stay in New York for a while longer so she could grow up and become the young lady she wanted to be.
    gypsyangelheart

Post by gypsyangelheart on Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:07 pm

Hi, Rick,
    Thanks for the quick reply. I've never read the Coleman book, nor do I have any interest in reading it. The main reason I purchased the new book was for the photographs and to see if there was anything new and of interest regarding Karen. Also, to support Randy. Your Carpenters on-line interviews are wonderful. I learned a great deal about Karen during the recording of her solo album. I agree, she needed to stay away from Downey for a while and focus on herself. All her life it had been about others.

Oh, I feel this person's (from Youtube) frustration in response to one of the documentaries.. RLviddy (2 months ago) Seems like everyone around her was in a perpetual state of concern about her. That'd drive anyone up the wall, and might drive someone onto a destructive path. Every testimonial about her feels so patronizing. "She got married, and I thought, this would finally be something normal for her." Jeez. Did anyone just think of anything she did as just something she was doing?? It always had some deep, mystifying implications. Did anyone just leave her the hell alone to be herself?"

Another example of why she should have remained in New York. A place to feel free to be herself. Like you said: So ..."she could grow up and become the lady she wanted to be." The only person who truly knew what was going on inside of Karen was Karen and sadly, she is not here to tell her side of the story. I commend the people you've interviewed for being objective and giving an accurate picture of Karen. It needs to be heard. Too many people believe the Little Girl Blue myth. I look forward to reading more from you.

I would love to hear a new lead vocal from Karen. I'd definitely buy that compilation, as well. I'm listening to Ticket to Ride, Merry Christmas,Darling and Yesterday Once More with just Karen's vocals, bass and drums. I love it!
    I pre-ordered The Carpenters:Live in London DVD. I can't pass up anything Karen related. It should arrive March 24 or 25.

ETA: I just checked the Little Girl Blue:The Life of Karen Carpenter facebook page and Phil and Karen "Itchie" Ramone are listed as contributors.
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:16 am